You will gain a more structured approach to selecting test cases, as well as the following other benefits:
- You will know the characteristics of an effective test
- You will know the value of structured use of testing techniques
- You will know the difference between static and dynamic testing techniques
- You will be able to use an array of new testing techniques
- You will receive concrete tools to take home
You are a tester who needs to develop test cases, or a test co-ordinator, test manager, or other person responsible for testing who wishes to know more about how testing techniques contribute to efficient testing. Some prior experience with software testing and developing test cases is expected.
This course is constructed around short theoretical reviews that ensure a good understanding of the techniques and their value. After this, there will be a long series of concrete tasks for you to practise individual testing techniques. The course is also based on discussion, providing rich opportunities to bring in specific examples from your day-to-day work.
Our instructors are not only used to teaching software testing — they also have many years of practical experience from various IT projects, as well as knowledge of best practices, so you get the best instruction possible. They receive an average of 4.6/5 in reviews from students.
A course in testing techniques will give you in-depth knowledge and plenty of practice with a variety of testing techniques. It covers:
- Structured use of testing techniques
- Choosing testing techniques
- Testing techniques in an agile context: from user story to test cases — NEW
- Training in these testing techniques:
- Equivalence partitioning
- Boundary value analysis
- Decision tables
- Classification trees
- State transition testing
- Use case-based testing
- Exploratory testing
- Static and dynamic testing techniques
The course lasts for 2 days.