You will gain a theoretical and practical understanding of how to automate tests using Selenium Webdriver.You will also gain the following from this course:
- Knowledge of the principles underlying robust, easily maintained automation using Selenium Webdriver
- Understanding of how to implement a test automation framework
- Understanding of how to select test automation tools
- Be able to execute scripts to test functionality in a web application
- Be able to implement easily maintained scripts
This course is designed for all members of testing and development teams that would like to be involved in designing and developing automated test cases using Selenium Webdriver. A general understanding of programming, and some understanding of Python, are advantageous.
The course runs for three days. Through theory, examples, and practical exercises, participants will learn to automate tests using Selenium Webdriver. The course is based on active participant involvement and many hands-on exercises, as well as the theoretical understanding ultimately necessary to pass the exam. The course materials and exam are in English, but instruction is in Danish.
The 1-hour exam has 40 multiple choice questions. You must answer at least 65% of the questions correctly to pass.
Our instructors are not only used to teaching software testing — they also have many years of practical experience from various IT projects, as well as knowledge of best practices, so you get the best instruction possible. They receive an average of 4.6/5 in reviews from students. Read more about our instructors here.
This course is a great way to get started with Selenium. It includes:
- Introduction to test automation
- Internet technologies for web application test automation
- Understanding and use of HTML, CSS, XML, and Xpath
- General use of Selenium Webdriver
- Logging techniques
- Navigation with Selenium
- Interaction with GUI elements
- Strategies for localising elements
- Development of easily maintained scripts
- Analysis of a system under test (SUT)
- Keyword-driven testing
The course lasts 3 days, plus an exam on the 4th day.