You will gain a practical approach to test management theory, as well as the following other benefits:
- You can plan and lead your testing project
- You can prioritise testing efforts
- You are trained in supervision, reporting, follow-up, and corrective activities
- Understand the value of ongoing process improvement
- Knowledge of testing in agile projects
- You will participate in risk analysis
You are responsible for conducting larger or smaller testing cycles. Typically, you have a role like test co-ordinator, test manager, project manager with testing responsibilities, or something similar. You are expected to have some experience with testing and IT projects, such that you understand basic concepts and terms. As a minimum, you should have taken the Foundations of Structured Testing course or hold an ISTQB Foundation certification. If you want to be equipped to fulfil your role optimally, this course is for you. This course is also good as preparation for the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager certification.
This course consists of three modules, each with its own area of focus. The course combines theory and practice with both solo and group exercises, discussions, and much more. You will solve problems and receive feedback on them as you progress through the modules. When solving the problems, you will consider your own everyday work. This will make it easier for you to apply what you learn to your day-to-day tasks.
To take the Examined Test Manager exam, you must have solved the problems given as homework between modules based on your everyday work, have participated in each day of the course, and passed the test following module 3. To pass, you must answer at least 80% of the multiple choice questions correctly, and achieve at least 80% coverage in your free responses. If you pass the exam, you will receive a certificate of completion, reflecting your skills in software testing — which will make your skills and qualifications clear to the world.
Our instructors are not only used to teaching software testing — they also have many years of practical experience from various IT projects, as well as knowledge of best practices, so you get the best instruction possible. They receive an average of 4.6/5 in reviews from students.
The course consists of three course modules, as well as practical problems to be solved individually between modules.
- Test management (2 days)
- Time management / planning methods
- Different estimation techniques
- Risk analysis and management
- Supervision, follow-up, and re-planning
- Test reporting
- Metrics and their value
- Methods of experience gathering and reporting
- Testing in agile projects (2 days)
- The principles of agile development
- The roles in an agile project
- Agile environments
- Risk-based testing (1 day)
- Risk analysis
- Concrete tools
- Learn to prioritise testing
The course runs for a total of 5 days, divided into 3 modules.