You will gain a practical approach to agile development theory, as well as the following other benefits:
- Appreciate the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and the agile approach to software development
- Understand roles within an agile team
- Understand how you can contribute as a member of an agile team
- Use testing methods to ensure that acceptance criteria are fulfilled
- Understand the importance of effective sprint reviews and how to contribute to ongoing process improvement using retrospectives
The target audience for this course is anyone who will be starting or is already working with an agile project, who wishes to learn the fundamental theory surrounding agile development.
Since this is a basic course, only basic IT knowledge and the basics of development projects are necessary. You will also need to be able to read and write English at a business level.
This course is both theoretical and practical. We will work with theory throughout the course, through exercises and discussions. There will also be 2–3 hours of homework after each day of instruction, involving readings and problems to solve. The course is taught in Danish, but the slides, course materials, and exam are in English.
The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions, to be answered on paper in 75 minutes. If English is your native language, you will have only 60 minutes. You must answer at least 65% of the questions correctly to pass the exam.
Our instructors are not only used to teaching software testing — they also have many years of practical experience from various IT projects, as well as knowledge of best practices, so you get the best instruction possible. They receive an average of 4.6/5 in reviews from students.
Certified Agile Essentials consists of 2 days of instruction and one exam day. There is homework to do in the evening, between days of instruction. The course covers the following:
- Theory of the Agile Manifesto
- Release planning and estimation
- Requirements review
- Daily stand-up meetings
- Acceptance criteria
- Iteration review and retrospectives
- Quality assurance in agile projects
- The rules of agile development
- The processes of agile development
The course lasts for 2 days + 1 exam day